THE BENEIFTS OF 4QMET TECHNOLOGY
WHAT IS RADICALLY NEW ABOUT THE 4QMET?
HISTORY OF MECHANICAL CVTs
OVERVIEW OF CVET'S 4QMET TRANSMISSION FOR GAS ENGINE AND EV POWERTRAINS
THE BENEFITS OF 4QMET TECHNOLOGY
DECREASE IN GAS/ENERGY CONSUMPTION, EARLIER FUEL CELL USE:
1. With gas engine or electric motor (or both in hybrid car), the 4QMET is designed to give highway driving efficiency in city driving conditions; (efficiency increase estimated to be up to 4 to 1 in congested, start/stop, city driving conditions).
2. Results in REDUCED ENGINE SIZE and/or ELECTRIC MOTOR SIZE, reduced gas consumption and reduced toxic emissions. Expected size reduction of gas engine or electric motor in vehicle with 4QMET estimated to be 50%.
3. The 4QMET IS A FUEL CELL ENABLING TECHNOLOGY: Fuel cell cost can be reduced one of two ways:
a) Cost reduction through innovation and the associated cost reduction cycle over a period of time (thought to be up to 10 years) or
b) through the use of a smaller, and therefore less costly fuel cell. The 4QMET enables electric motor operation at higher efficiencies with lower energy usage, thereby enabling the use of a smaller fuel cell, but still big enough to provide the required electric energy to power an electric vehicle.
In this way, the fuel cell costs may be reduced through fuel cell size reduction and the 4QMET could make fuel cells viable at much earlier time in their cost reduction cycle.
4. Use of 4QMET with gas engine powered vehicle would reduce emitted pollutants due to more efficient use of gasoline
BENFITS: WEIGHT & SIZE & COST:
1. Weight of 4QMET(replaces manual or automatic transmission in a 200Hp gas powered vehicles) estimated to be 100 lbs.
2. Size of 4QMET core for 200hp gas engine in demonstration model is 6" x 6" x 10".
HIGHLIGHTS OF SIMPLICITY OF 4QMET TECHNOLOGY